Thursday, June 26, 2008

An Evening in the Park (away from wedding planning!)

Tuesday night Chris and I took a break from wedding planning and spent the evening in Central Park for a concert in the park. Chris is a huge fan of the New York Philharmonic so hearing them in the park was a must! Tuesday I was really in the mood to just go home, order takeout, and veg out in front of the TV....BUT, I grabbed a blanket, cooler with wine, candles, a hummus picnic, and headed to the park to meet Chris. It was a blast! There are moments like these that I truly appreciate all that New York has to offer. 61,000 people in the park (great people watching), fabulous music, wine and hummus, and fireworks! It was a fantastic evening. As a grand finale the orchestra played Purple Haze--yes, sounds strange to have an orchestra play Hendrix, huh?!? It was awesome. I even texted my brother because it reminded me of him playing Hendrix on our side porch with a friend when I was a pre-teen.

So this morning as I was feeling quite frustrated (and hot)on the sardine packed subway I reminded myself of the wonderful night in the park Tuesday with Chris. New York has it's "moments" both good and bad! :)

No comments: