Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Adelaide's High School Graduation...and more!

Chris and I headed to Atlanta last weekend for Adelaide's high school graduation and to catch up with friends and family. It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but we had some fun and relaxing moments built in as well.

Our weekend started with our seven hour door-to-door trek to Atlanta. As we were driving to Mom's house in our rental car late Friday night, I asked Chris if he wanted me to move back to Atlanta so we could do that trip every other weekend like we used to do. ;) We DON'T miss that at all! We had a very late dinner Friday night with Mom and then hit the sack.

Saturday morning I headed to Adelaide's high school graduation. It was a beautiful (chilly and long) ceremony outside at her school. It was great to see Adelaide and her friends walk across the stage. I felt particularly old seeing former Morris Brandon (school where I taught for my first two years of teaching) students walking across the stage to receive their diplomas.







As you can see all four of the kids are super cute...and grown up. What you can't see in the picture is how truly awesome they really are. All four of them are gifted, caring, and so much fun to be around (well, most of the time).

Lillian and Greg hosted a wonderful luncheon for Adelaide complete with fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, and red velvet cake! It was delicious and fun. Mom and Chris came to celebrate Adelaide's big day as well. Chris got to try "real" fried green tomatoes for the first time and of course loved them!




Although I feel sooo old, I am very proud of Adelaide. She is a smarty pants, but really is a great kid...or should I say young adult. She is going to spend 3 weeks in London this summer and then will be heading up to Dartmouth for her freshman year of college. Chris and I are truly looking forward to having her in the Northeast!

Saturday afternoon/evening we gathered at Brian and Sarah's house for a Mexican Fiesta. Now that folks have kids, it is so much easier to get together at someone's house--restaurants are just too hard. It was great for me! I got to visit with my friends and play with their adorable kids. I didn't get any pictures of the adults at the gathering (oops), but I managed to get some great ones of the kids playing and bathing.






Yes, the kids were playing in the tub of beer. Nice! :)

Sunday we had a lazing morning with Mom and then ventured out to my storage bin. This was quite the experience because I couldn't remember where it was! Yes, I am losing it. Chris was thrilled when he had to turn around several times. We finally found it. It was a little sad to see all of my old stuff (and of course I got teary-eyed), but I love our place in NYC so I quickly wiped the tears and moved on. After loading up some of my stuff Mom wanted, we picked my grandmother up and took her to lunch. We had a wonderful time visiting with her and hearing stories from way back when. Chris was extremely impressed with her sharp memory. He made a comment Sunday night that Grandma's memory is better than mine and Mom's put together. Guess I couldn't argue with that after not being able to remember where the storage bin was. Ha!

It was a wonderful weekend in Atlanta...Adelaide's graduation, catching up with friends, playing with their kids, lunch with Grandma, and lots of time with Mom!

No comments: