Monday, April 14, 2008

All Things Southern at the Masters

One of my favorite sporting events of the year is the Masters--golf tournament played at Augusta National Golf Club. I have had the privilege of spending several days at the Masters with my dad and Chris over the years thanks to the Blanchards, Giornellis, and Burtons. One day at the Masters in a lifetime is a treat...several is a SUPER duper treat!

It is a little difficult to get to the Masters now that I live 13 hours away from Augusta so I decided I would create a Masters experience in the Big Apple. Who said you couldn't bring the South above the Mason Dixon Line?!!?!? We invited friends over Saturday (ended up a small crew because most of our friends were out of town) and served lots of southern foods--pimento cheese sandwiches, ribs, veggies with vidalia onion dip, peach salsa and chips, pecans, and sweet tea! We even had an azalea which was a nice touch! Oh, and I can't forget the outfits...Chris and I both had on our Masters golf shirts (although you can't really tell in the picture). Our Masters experience was a great one, but we both admitted last night that it just isn't the same as the real deal. We might have to make a trip down next year...

After 4+ days of watching golf (and the Red Sox/Yankees series), I am super excited about my girls weekend with Georgia this weekend in NYC. This is her first trip to NYC since she was a kid. She is in for a ride! :)

1 comment:

Georgia said...

I love your southern party in the North! The food looks delicious and you guys look great! I am so looking forward to seeing the apartment, eating, shopping and having a true girls weekend this weekend! Love you!