Thursday, April 3, 2008

Easter 2008...Our Families Meet

We had an exciting Easter this year! My dad came in town from Tulsa for a long weekend (Thursday-Tuesday) and Chris' parents came in town Saturday-Sunday. The five of us had a wonderful time together at our "new" place. Well, our apartment isn't really new (we have lived here for a year), but it feels like it because it is finally starting to feel like home. We have been slowly adding new furniture and small accents and now it looks homey. It was nice to show of our place to our parents!

Chris (my personal Chef) fixed leg of lamb for dinner Saturday night. Chris and Carol (Chris' mom) made lots of yummy sides--sweet potatoes, turnips, asparagus, roasted potatoes, and green bean casserole. I contributed wine, flowers, decorations and cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery (yummy!). We spent the day visiting, eating, cooking, and drinking.


Just in case we didn't get enough to eat Saturday night, we decided to have Easter brunch on Sunday with NY bagels, cream cheese, tofu spread (my favorite!), smoked fish, eggs, and fresh juice from the juicer! Dad is quite the juicer these days. We had carrot, celery, apple, banana, and pear juice (I think). It was delicious, healthy, and filling!

It was nice to share a holiday with both families for a change...and to be at home! Of course we missed my mom, but she was busy catching up with our relatives at a big family reunion in Florida with my grandmother, aunts, and uncle.

1 comment:

Laura McDonald said...

Wow! You don't look like a blogger seedling to me. I am impressed. Great table decor. Love, Mom